We've outlined some useful tips below to keep your jewellery looking beautiful and cared for:
- - Remove your jewellery before engaging in practical activities
- - When storing your jewellery, please use the box or soft pouch provided which will protect it from scratches
- - Apply hair and beauty products before putting your jewellery on
- - Use a soft, lint-free cloth to clean your jewellery. For a deeper clean, soak it in warm, soapy water and use a soft toothbrush to get into hard-to-reach gaps where dirt may have settled
- - Harsh chemicals such as household cleaners and chlorine can damage your jewellery, therefore we recommend removing your jewels prior to engaging in activities involving the presence of such chemicals
- - Some of our necklace chains are particularly fine, so do take care not to get them caught or pulled
- - Pearls are particularly delicate, therefore we recommend storing your pearl jewellery separately from other jewels and in a dry atmosphere
Most of our jewels are designed for everyday wear. Diamonds, sapphires and rubies are all hard gemstones that do not scratch easily with wear. Jewels that consist of materials such as pearls and softer gemstones (tourmalines, amethyst, citrine, aquamarine) will scratch with regular wear so care must be taken with these items and occasional wear is recommended.
Our Jewellery Aftercare Service
We've been creating our unique jewels for coming on 20 years now, and we take great pride in the craftsmanship and quality of our jewellery. We're also dedicated to helping you keep your Ruth Tomlinson jewels in tip-top condition, and we offer the following conditioning and general repairs:
We're honoured to be part of your unique love story when you purchase your engagement ring from us. We offer complimentary settings checks and a deep clean service on all engagement rings. Please contact us to take advantage of this.
Stone settings can move and loosen over time and with regular wear. We recommend you check your settings every 6 months to a year. Your jewel should be returned to us for an inspection if you do notice any movement. Utmost care has been taken to set stones securely however Ruth Tomlinson is not responsible for the loss of stones after purchase. Please note that due to the unique nature of most of our stones, we cannot guarantee an identical replacement for any lost stones, though we will endeavour to find as similar a match as possible.
All matte and textured metals will eventually become shinier and display a natural polished effect with wear, this is part of the metal's character as it likes to be shiny. We like the fact it will change and develop with you as it is worn, however we can make the metal matte again for you if you so wish.
We offer one complimentary ring resize within 3 months of purchase. Subsequent resizes are chargeable and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis as some resizes are more complex than others. Eternity bands cannot be resized.
We design jewellery to be worn for a lifetime and beyond, but naturally the precious materials that we work with can wear over time. We offer a repair service which is assessed on a case-by-case basis. Please get in touch for further information.
Any other alterations are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that each piece of jewellery is handmade by Ruth Tomlinson Ltd and slight variations in form and material are part of the unique character of the work. The wearer is responsible for the care of their jewellery.
Manufacturer's defects are covered up to 12 months from the date of purchase. This does not account for general wear and tear, and we are not responsible for any loss that occurs.
Within the first 12 months after purchase, we will replace any lost stones up to 0.15ct once. We are unable to cover the loss of larger stones, so please check the settings regularly.
Any work carried out on the jewels by another jeweller will void the warranty.